When I was a kid, I day dreamed alot. A LOT. I always imagined myself living the luxurious life (who doesn't?) with a butler to attend to my every need. Now I still imagined the same thing, especially living alone everything I have to buy or prepared it for myself. I miss you mama!
To be honest, I'm not a morning person. Eventhough I love cooking, I can barely remember when was the last time I'm in the kitchen preparing something for brekkie. Since the waking up early part would not be a reality during working days, I took up the challenge to prepare myself breakfast during my off day (at 10am, nonetheless).
This is a no-fail recipe. First time whipping up my own pancake, was really happy with the result.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake
1. 3/4 cup of milk
2. 1 tbsp of white vinegar/ lemon
3. 1 cup all purpose flour (sieved)
4. 2 tbspwhite sugar
5. 1 teaspoon baking powder
6. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
7. 1/2 teaspoon salt
8. 1 egg
9. 2tbsp butter, melted
10. Butter/cooking spray to grease pan
1. Choc chip (I opt for this)
2. Honey(I opt for this)
3. Whipped cream/ fresh fruits for serving
1. Preparing buttermilk: combine milk and vinegar/lemon, left for more than 10mins. Or you can buy buttermilk on its own (both is easy peasy, better diy)
2. Combine ingredient 3-7 in a small container
3. Whisk egg and butter into the soured milk/buttermilk
4. Pour flour into the wet mixture and whisk until lumps are gone
5. Pour batter into hot pan, cook until bubble appear on the surface. Flip the pancake and cook till browned on both side
6. Serve warm with honey
This recipe creates 3 humongous pancake. To adjust the ingredient you can refer to the original recipe here