Friday 1 August 2014

Lazy girl guide : Blender Banana Cake

Last Wednesday is my sister's birthday. How old? Forever 21. You can expect the same answer from me for my birthday until..err forever?

Anyway, I really suck at picking up presents for people that I cared about. I will end up thinking about it over and over, whether they are going to like it, whether it is usable, whether the gift give impact in their life (I know, I'm drama like that)..and the list goes on. For other people, easy peasy. 1.buy them lunch/dinner; 2. Photo frame (I know, everybody goes digital but what the heck) 3. Buy the lunch/dinner

As usual, because my sister know me too well, she told me something that she wanted. Since it is a very simple request, nothing OTT,  I felt like, why not bake her a cake instead? She always have a soft spot for banana cake and my mixer is not functioning (bought it during sale, only used less than 5 times before malfunctioning.if I have the money I would invest in a good cake mixer *day dream*). I've heard something about blender cake but never got to try them so let's explore!

Ingredient:

1. 2 banana (fresh or overipe), cut into small bits (I just pinched them)
2. 2 eggs
3. 2 tbsp milk
4. 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
5. 1 cup white sugar
6. 125g butter
7. 1 1/2 cup (185g) self raising flour (or used 2 teaspoon baking powder with 1/2 teaspoon salt mixed with plain flour)
8. 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonat soda

Optional:
1. Cinnamon powder (1 teaspoon)
2. Choc chip
3. Chopped nuts (I used almond)

Direction:

1. Creamed butter and sugar in a small hot pot
2. Mixed flour with bicarbonat soda (both sieved beforehand). Mixed it also with cinnamon (optional)
3. Blend item 1-4 for 2 mins
4. Add creamed butter and sugar into blender
5. Pour mixed flour into blender, in phases. Add in chopped nuts (optional)
6. Blend until smooth and creamy before pouring the batter into cake mould
7. Topped with choc chip (optional). Or prepared icing (best paired with cream cheese or peanut butter icing)
7. Bake for 30mins in 180deg Celcius

You can refer to the original recipe here : Recipe 1 & Recipe 2

I have tweaked the ingredient based on my gut feeling (and which one is the simplest of course). Ignore the choc chip as I knew it would be haywire once the cake is in tne oven. I'm too lazy to prepare icing, besides I personally think with the choc chip/almond bits/cinnamon, my cake is way too heavy/fancy for an additional topping.

Not bad for a blender cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment