Seems familiar? I always enjoy a day out when it gets breezy (soft breeze, not the cold wet ones) but sometime I felt like I deserve that sit-around-and -do-nothing day. And when I do, I always make a trip or two in the kitchen preparing comfort food. One of the easiest are Spaghetti Bolognaise. As per mentioned, it is a lazy guide not restaurant specials ;-)
Here are the basic item:
1. 200g of minced meat (I prefer beef over chicken as chicken tends to be 'plasticky' when over cooked).
2. Can of tomato puree (optional: with one cup of diced tomato laying around.sometime, the puree is too sour for my liking) OR Ready made spaghetti sauce (Preggo etc)
3. Chopped garlic & onions
4. Spaghetti (cooked al dente, with olive oil and some salt)
5. Salt & black pepper for seasoning
Optional (for that extra kick)
5. Dried chillies - boiled with hot water then strain. Fry over with a table spoon of oil till crispy & fragrant
6. Diced carrot
7. Grated parmesan for serving
1. Marinate minced meat 15 minutes before it hits the pan with salt & pepper
2. Slightly heat chopped onions and garlic until fragrant then add in the marinted beef. Stir the meat until browned then add on diced tomato and/or diced carrot.
3. Stir again for 5 minutes then add on tomato puree/ready made sauce
4. Stir everything together, add a bit of water if necessary (to ensure the meat is properly cooked especially if half thawed). Add on the fried chillies and reduce the heat.
5. Simmer until the meat and veges are evenly cooked. Once the sauce thickens, voila! Serve on top of the spaghetti, with a dash of grated parmesan.
Check out these links:
Movies: Into The Storm
Are you competitive at computer games? Volkswagen is looking for you
Looking for the right car? Here is some suggestion
World best camcoder and camera built in waterproof smartphone